The Poems Which Touch Our Heart
snap great online deals

Sunday, April 22, 2007

You are far away from me

Uma S

You are as far away from me as a billowing seed in the wind
I have let go and you have floated into the world

I used to leave heart shapes in the sand
So that if your spirit would walk by
It would see that I loved you
My messages spanned the world
But even the world was not enough to access your heart

I can see the roads you are walking
You show them to me in glimpses
Dusty roads, and uninhabited terrain
Tell me, is your heart as empty?

How could the flood of my feelings not cultivate any shoots in you
How could you be so simple, so untouched after the storm of my love

Maybe you are the beautiful seed that never hatched
Beautiful to feel, to remember, to treasure
But you never bloomed and greeted them
After a while, you know, a coarse seed can damage one

I have been carrying you all this while inside
Until I let you go, I could never heal

Yes, we are making different lives now
You are walking on, rolling on
And I am standing here watching you, recovering

I do not wish to call you back
The holes in my body cannot contain you any longer
And you were meant to bloom in a different field

0 comments: